Translate

Wednesday 29 July 2015

I'm Sorry!


Hi everyone,

I'm here today with a little card I made to say sorry, not for anything in particular but you never know when you might need a 'sorry' card and every time I saw  Duck's eyes looking up at me I just knew he was perfect for an apology card.


duck sorry (2)_result


How sweet is he? I have kept the card very simple which I believe can speak volumes, the message is clear and without distraction. When I printed the little duck I was careful to ensure I would have plenty of 'white' space around him with room for the chipboard letters to form the word and enough distance above him so he appears to be looking up at the recipient. When colouring the 'duck' I used the 'flicking' technique that Zoe teachers in her 'Colouring Techniques with Markers' E-Book and some smooth blending on the duck's bill and feet. Here are the colours I used to colour him. Duck - E81, 84, 87 alternating the colours until I was happy with the result. Bill & Feet - Y21, YR21, YR24. I applied the lightest colour first then added the darker shades to create some depth. Eyes - E23, 27. I use a glue pen to adhere the Alpha Mini Caps Chipboard letters, I should've  draw a faint line where I wanted the letters to be because doing it freehand made it a little wobbly, never mind. I cut the cardstock out using ByDIEzyne Big Stitched and Pierced Rectangle Dies and adhered them all together with double sided tape and on the coloured layer I used mounting tape to adhere it and give it a little lift.

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit :)

Andrea xx


  


No comments:

Post a Comment